Sunday, November 11

WTH! The Stadium Is Still Here?

When my friend Ash asked me out last friday, to catch the 2010 World Cup Asian Qualification Round 2 game against Tajikistan I was excited mainly because it's a big game for the Lions. So I told him, I'll meet him 6.30pm at Lavender MRT and he told me it's at Kallang, the National Stadium and I was... "WHAT!!??? Kallang? Stadium kan dah roboh!? (Stadium had been demolished right?)" and he said, "No lah! It's still there lah bro!".

Then I remembered thousands came to watch the finals of Asean Cup and all of us thought it was the last time we'll be standing in that stadium. All buzy snapping pictures and also shedding tears. So I was alittle shocked to know that the National Stadium is still standing and I'm going there again to watch the Lions play!

While we were walking towards the stadium on the overheard bridge, my friend Elvis said, "Man, I thought it's gone too! It's like seeing a ghost now as we're walking towards it!" We all had a good laugh because of that.

As most of you had read in the papers the score ended 2-0 to Singapore for the 1st leg in this round. I wish Singapore to continue thier winning run as long as possible. The crowd that came were not the same as before, just a few thousand on the night, I think most of us were unaware of this game or maybe thought that the stadium was gone too! (hehe!)

No comments: