Tuesday, November 6

Sharing The Experience : Chef Haryani

Sharing The Experience : Chef Haryani

So I'm still IN... I think I did better for this episode as compared to last week's.

Of course the Chef Idol segment was the highlight! Haha betul tak Andri?? We were asked to choose a song from the 70s.
As we were the only "Romeo & Juliet" duo among the group, we chose a 70s Malay duet song from Hail Amir & Uji Rashid. My favourite! Absolute classic.. My partner can definitely carry a tune! We definitely had fun & worked well together. Too bad they did not show our whole song segment.. banyak drama you!! I've always enjoyed singing & performing. But I will never enter those singing competition.. I will only do so if my voice is as power as Siti's or Dayang's!
As for the cooking challenge, I think I'm the only contestant who did a soup dish. I LOVE SOUPS! Its my comfort food! I've always added prawns to my soup, so when I saw prawns, the recipe instantly came to my mind.
Of course I would add vegetables to my soup. That was what I was trying to say that eating soup is more nutritious. Water-soluble vitamins will leak into the soup, as vitamins in veges are mostly destroyed during cooking, we could retain as much vitamins as possible when we drink the soup. But somehow I think my point did not really came across.. My tongue somehow gets a bit twisted when I tried to translate all these info in Malay!! Lucky my garlic & blood pressure topic menjadi...

But I still I talked to fast but I cooked fast too! I finished cooking in 12 minutes!
So just nice, I had another 3 minutes to garnish my soup in the capsicum bowl. This time round, my dish tasted good, as commented by the judges. In fact, they loved it! I felt a sense of relief. Ultimately, I think you must really enjoy what you're doing, and I was indeed really enjoying myself during the cooking challenge!

What pushes or helped me to focus was the fact I had to prove myself to everyone.
I think some people expected me to get eliminated after the 1st set of challenges. But I realised that I have this tough competitive streak! Being the only woman actually puts more pressure on me. Some people may think that "Oh they put a woman there to make it more interesting only".

Well that may be true and this is for TV anyway...
But for myself, I will not let all these theories distract me. I know what is my main purpose of doing this. Its really a sense of individual achievement, no matter if I win or not.
Do leave some comments for us to share ok... And continue watching Chef Selebriti as the competition gets tougher!! Both emotionally & mentally! Stay tuned to find out more!

More on Chef Haryani: Chef Haryani

No comments: